Harbor allows you to upload a file with your list of users to create, update or deactivate. You can then send your user data to Workplace. Learn more: Create file templates.
If required, before uploading your file to Harbor, you can create filters to select a subset of users from your file.
This article explains how to:
|Send user data to Workplace|
|Create a backup of all your Workplace users|
Send user data to Workplace
1. In Harbor, open Workplace Governance in the left menu.
2. Select Users.
3. Select one of:
- Use default header - your file must contain columns Email, Full name, Employee ID, Login Method, Action, Organizational Unit.
- Use custom header - your file must contain the columns you have defined in your custom template
- Validate - Harbor checks your file structurally during the upload, for example, if there are duplicate email addresses. You can view your user data before sending them to Workplace .
- Skip validation - Harbor doesn't check your file structurally. Your data are uploaded to Harbor and then sent to Workplace directly.
5. Drag and drop your file or select it from your computer.
6. Press Upload.
If your header doesn't correspond to your template, an error message appears.
- If you're using a default template, make sure your file contains columns Email, Full name, Employee ID, Login Method, Action, Organizational Unit.
- If you're using a custom template, check the aliases are mapped correctly between your template and the columns in your file
If your file header is correctly formatted, a message appears showing that the upload is in progress.
7. When the upload is complete:
- If you selected Skip validation in step 4, your user data are sent to Workplace. You receive an email confirming that your users have been uploaded to Harbor. See step 9.
- If you selected Validation in step 4, the list of users is displayed in Harbor. You receive an email confirming that your users have been uploaded to Harbor. You can follow the link in the email to access Harbor.
8. Press Send data to Workplace to send your users to Workplace.
A message appears showing that your data are being sent to Workplace.
- the results
- a backup of all your Workplace users ( this download is optional )
10. Follow the link to the results. A spreadsheet downloads.
Note: If any user data could not be sent to Workplace, the Success column displays FALSE and an explanation is indicated in the Error message column.
11. Follow the link to the backup. A spreadsheet downloads, which contains all your Workplace users.
Download all your Workplace users
1. Press Download all Workplace users. A message indicates that you will receive an email when the file has been created.
Tip: You can also download a basic template and your custom template.
2. Follow the link in the email. A file with all your Workplace users is downloaded.