Harbor allows you to upload a flat file with your list of groups to create, update or delete. You can then send your groups to Workplace.
|Send groups to Workplace|
|Download all your Workplace groups|
Send groups to Workplace
1. In Harbor, select Workplace Governance > Groups in the left panel.
2. Select one of:
- Validate - Harbor checks your file structurally during the upload, for example, there must be an ID for ADD actions. You can view your data before sending them to Workplace.
- Skip validation - Harbor doesn't check your file structurally. Your data are uploaded to Harbor and then sent to Workplace directly.
3. Drag and drop your file or select it from your computer.
Tip: You can download a basic template.
Your file must contain all the columns defined in the basic template. In addition, the required fields for the:
- CREATE action are Name, Group Type, Admins, Action
- UPDATE action are Id, Name, Group Type, Action
- DELETE action are Id, Action
The values of the:
- Group category field can be WORK_TEAM, WORK_ANNOUNCEMENT, WORK_SOCIAL, WORK_MULTI_COMPANY
- Group Type field can be CLOSED, OPEN, SECRET
You must specify at least one user as admin for each group. Enter one or more user email addresses separated by semi-colons (;) in the Admins field.
Note: Multi-company groups can only have group type field as closed or secret.
Tip: You cannot create only edit or remove Multi-company groups by an internal user of the community that has to be a group admin.
4. Press Upload.
If your file header is incorrectly formatted, an error message appears. Check your file.
If your file header is correctly formatted, a message appears showing that the upload is in progress. Then a screen opens showing your groups to import.
5. Press the Send data to Workplace button.
Tip: This button becomes active when there are no errors in the fields in your file.
A message indicates that you will receive an email when the data has been uploaded to Workplace.
Note: an error message appears if there are incorrect fields.
6. Follow the link in the email. A file with the result of the upload process opens.
Download all your Workplace groups
1. Press Download all Workplace groups. A message indicates that you will receive an email when the file has been created.
Tip: You can also download the list of Multi-company groups. Admin is not needed to take this action, it can be done only by an Internal user to the community.
2. Follow the link in the email. A file with all your Workplace groups is downloaded.