You can manage users in Workplace groups on Harbor using a flat file. You can add, update or remove users.
1. Select Workplace governance > Groups' members in the left panel.
Learn more: Groups' members.
2. Select Manage Workplace group membership from a file.
3. Download the basic flat template.
4. Fill in all the required fields of the template:
- Group id
- Group name
- Group description
- User email
- Employee ID
- Is group admin
Note: mandatory fields are User email, Employee ID.
Enter the action to take ADD, UPDATE or REMOVE.
Tip: You can also add, update or remove in your MCGs as long as you have a user in your console that is admin of your group.
5. Press the Validate button.
Validation enables the system to control that the template is correctly formatted. To avoid having an error message check that the comma separated value has been set.
In case of error, the status message is: error while uploading this file, please retry.
6. Press the Upload button on the dashboard once the file is validated.
7. Check your email account, you will receive a message.
8. Go back to the dashboard on Harbor. If there are errors, the status message is: invalid group field.
You need to access the file and check the group id, email address and action.
9. Press Send data to Workplace.
Harbor updates the group on Workplace automatically.